The RUBY (Recognizing the Upward Bright and Young) Award recognize those between the ages of 18 and 40 that are making a difference in our community. The luncheon includes a keynote speaker and time to recognize each individual that is nominated for the award.
- be between the ages of 18 and 40
- work in the Waupaca Area
- be making a notable impact on their business or industry
- demonstrate service and commitment to the community
- Nomination forms are accepted for individuals meeting the qualifications.
- The Chamber contacts the individuals that are nominated to confirm that they want to participate and have them complete an application.
- A panel of three judges and the previous year’s recipient determine the recipient.
Josh Pauling takes the honors as the 2021 RUBY Award recipient. Josh was chosen by the selection committee because of his dedication to making a positive impact on the lives of young people, especially those who might not otherwise have those opportunities. As a newcomer to Waupaca, Josh became part of the community through volunteering and service. His passion to make others feel welcome and his willingness to get involved in a variety of organizations makes him a well-deserved recipient of the RUBY award.
The nominees were all presented with a certificate and a small gift at the luncheon at The Par 4 Resort on October 19, 2021. Josh received an engraved glass award.
Congratulations to all the nominees!
2021 Nominees include: