Waupaca Area Chamber of Commerce Committees
Get the most out of your Waupaca Area Chamber of Commerce membership by getting involved in committees that help promote business and economic growth in our area. Each group focuses on a different aspect of the community that affects business. Join any of our committees to not only let your voice be heard and make a difference, but to also meet great people. Share your business with others and continue networking.
Below is an explanation of the different opportunities and how you can get involved to improve your business and your community.
- The committees responsibilities are to lead the Chamber in attaining the goals set forth by the Board of Directors.
- Direct communication goals
- To make executive decisions and strategic plans.
- To nominate incoming directors.
- To oversee the budget and financial issues.
- To do annual salary review with the President.
- Research and implement growth of Chamber through regionalization.
- To provide educational and training opportunities.
- To promote and support networking opportunities.
- Maintain retail promotions.
- Create an advertising campaign to increase the number of member investors and/or enhance the gift certificate program.
- Hold round table discussions at various member investor locations to gain insight into what our investor’s needs are.
- Research additional member benefits.
- Take this year to determine if this committee is needed. Research what other Chambers do and talk with our Investors to determine their needs.
Business & Workforce Development
- Strive to develop our future workforce by working with the School District of Waupaca utilizing tools and programs like the Heavy Metal and Health Care Tours, and Job Fair.
- Expose School District of Waupaca students to the career opportunities available in our area utilizing tools and programs like the heavy Metal and Health Career Tours.
- Help businesses fill positions by working with area School Districts by coordinating a job fair greared toward students and graduating seniors, without high education plans.
- Work with Businesses, local Government and the Waupaca School District to help with issues that evolve around employee recruitment/retention.
- Work with the Waupaca County Economic Development Corporation and local School Districts to research the use of Inspire, develop a funding source with the possibility of implementation.
Ambassador Committee – this includes the team of Ambassadors who help with activities such as member recruitment and retention, Ribbon Cuttings and Groundbreakings. Please contact the Chamber at 715-258-7343 or email@example.com to find out more about the Ambassador Committee.
- To communicate and educate the value of the Chamber to Businesses and the Community.
- Conduct Operation Thank You with the help of the Board of Directors in late September early October.
- To maintain a full and active roster of Ambassadors.
- To be actively involved at Business After 5’s, Morning Mixers and at Business Welcomes.
- Actively communicate new business contacts to the Chamber in an effort to help in recruitment of new investors.
Waupaca Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Develop an RFP for the redesign of website, request bids and choose a company to work with for redevelopment of our website.
- Continue to work with the City of Waupaca, Civic Brand and RDG to conclude our Branding and Wayfinding Study.
- Work on the implementation plan steps for the new brand and wayfinding signage.
- Look for additional brochure rack locations and or kiosk in Chain O’ Lakes area
Long Range Goals
- Look for ways to expand family attractions in the Waupaca Area. They can include but are not limited to:
- Finding Investors
- Establish a public beach on the Chain O’ Lakes
- Establish other outdoor venues such as a waterslide.
- Use the ‘New Brand’ to its fullest extent to promote the Area as a Destubatuib,
- Establish the wayfinding signage throughout the area.
- Work with the Townships to establish a room tax in their jurisdiction.